Welcome to Anime Pool Party

Toonami

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Toonami

Post by Solar Crimson on Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:35 am

Has anyone been watching the new Toonami on Adult Swim? I have, since it's premiere.

For those of you who aren't, currently it's airing (Saturday nights)...

12am: Bleach
12:30am: Deadman Wonderland
1am: Casshern Sins
1:30am: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
2am: Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: 2nd GIG
2:30am: Cowbow Bebop
3am-6am: Repeat of the above

I've mainly been watching Deadman Wonderland and Casshern Sins. Once the block gets more funding and ratings, then they'll add more shows.
avatar
Solar Crimson
Admin
Admin

Taurus Posts : 378
Munny : 28558
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2011-03-19
Age : 29
Location : Detroit, MI

View user profile http://crimsongalaxy.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Toonami

Post by Cheza on Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:00 am

I would only be interested in deadman wonderland. I've never seen it and i heard it was good. But....is it even good dubbed?

_________________
APP Administrator
Photobucket
avatar
Cheza
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1207
Munny : 37262
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-03-19
Location : In my castle

View user profile http://www.animepoolparty.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Toonami

Post by Solar Crimson on Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:06 am

I think the dub is good. Though since it's airing on TV, the amount of censor bleeps per episode is off the charts. Makes one want to get the DVDs to watch it without the bleeps.

_________________
avatar
Solar Crimson
Admin
Admin

Taurus Posts : 378
Munny : 28558
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2011-03-19
Age : 29
Location : Detroit, MI

View user profile http://crimsongalaxy.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Toonami

Post by easymac on Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:36 am

i love it
avatar
easymac
Hunter-Nin
Hunter-Nin

Virgo Posts : 845
Munny : 32082
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-03-21
Age : 29
Location : LA county

View user profile http://twitter.com/thehund

Back to top Go down

Re: Toonami

Post by Cheza on Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:11 am

Solar Crimson wrote:I think the dub is good. Though since it's airing on TV, the amount of censor bleeps per episode is off the charts. Makes one want to get the DVDs to watch it without the bleeps.

I'll just stick to watching them in Japanese and online. :/
I mean, they censored Naruto for goodness sakes. If only you knew what kind of stuff they allow here in Japan...haha

_________________
APP Administrator
Photobucket
avatar
Cheza
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1207
Munny : 37262
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-03-19
Location : In my castle

View user profile http://www.animepoolparty.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Toonami

Post by Solar Crimson on Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:15 am

Cheza wrote:
Solar Crimson wrote:I think the dub is good. Though since it's airing on TV, the amount of censor bleeps per episode is off the charts. Makes one want to get the DVDs to watch it without the bleeps.

I'll just stick to watching them in Japanese and online. :/
I mean, they censored Naruto for goodness sakes. If only you knew what kind of stuff they allow here in Japan...haha
Well, they kind of had to for Naruto, since it was on earlier and aimed at a slightly younger audience. Even then, Naruto got away with a lot of stuff.

Now, Toonami is a part of Adult Swim, so aside from heavy swears and nudity, most of the stuff is left as is.

_________________
avatar
Solar Crimson
Admin
Admin

Taurus Posts : 378
Munny : 28558
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2011-03-19
Age : 29
Location : Detroit, MI

View user profile http://crimsongalaxy.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Toonami

Post by easymac on Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:02 pm

Solar Crimson wrote:
Cheza wrote:
Solar Crimson wrote:I think the dub is good. Though since it's airing on TV, the amount of censor bleeps per episode is off the charts. Makes one want to get the DVDs to watch it without the bleeps.

I'll just stick to watching them in Japanese and online. :/
I mean, they censored Naruto for goodness sakes. If only you knew what kind of stuff they allow here in Japan...haha
Well, they kind of had to for Naruto, since it was on earlier and aimed at a slightly younger audience. Even then, Naruto got away with a lot of stuff.

Now, Toonami is a part of Adult Swim, so aside from heavy swears and nudity, most of the stuff is left as is.
they still **** with the blood
avatar
easymac
Hunter-Nin
Hunter-Nin

Virgo Posts : 845
Munny : 32082
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-03-21
Age : 29
Location : LA county

View user profile http://twitter.com/thehund

Back to top Go down

Re: Toonami

Post by Solar Crimson on Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:41 pm

They do? ...Well, I guess a bit of censorship is not too bad, since they still let a whole lot of stuff pass.

_________________
avatar
Solar Crimson
Admin
Admin

Taurus Posts : 378
Munny : 28558
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2011-03-19
Age : 29
Location : Detroit, MI

View user profile http://crimsongalaxy.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Toonami

Post by Cheza on Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:49 pm

Why do they need to censer blood? They show these shows late at night...and this is America we are talking about. O_O

_________________
APP Administrator
Photobucket
avatar
Cheza
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1207
Munny : 37262
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-03-19
Location : In my castle

View user profile http://www.animepoolparty.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Toonami

Post by Solar Crimson on Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:12 pm

No idea. Perhaps the advertisers wanted it. Or Cartoon Network's higher-ups did.

_________________
avatar
Solar Crimson
Admin
Admin

Taurus Posts : 378
Munny : 28558
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2011-03-19
Age : 29
Location : Detroit, MI

View user profile http://crimsongalaxy.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Toonami

Post by Cheza on Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:38 pm

Oh yeah...it's on cartoonnetwork....if it was anywhere else i'm sure it would have been ok. Remember Drawn together? lol

_________________
APP Administrator
Photobucket
avatar
Cheza
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1207
Munny : 37262
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-03-19
Location : In my castle

View user profile http://www.animepoolparty.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Toonami

Post by Solar Crimson on Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:46 pm

Wasn't that that cartoon reality series on Comedy Central? I watched it like once or twice, but I never really got into it.

Though I doubt Comedy Central would have aired something like Deadman Wonderland.

_________________
avatar
Solar Crimson
Admin
Admin

Taurus Posts : 378
Munny : 28558
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2011-03-19
Age : 29
Location : Detroit, MI

View user profile http://crimsongalaxy.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Toonami

Post by easymac on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:10 pm

Solar Crimson wrote:They do? ...Well, I guess a bit of censorship is not too bad, since they still let a whole lot of stuff pass.
at least form what i can tell (i have not watched the sub ~_~)
avatar
easymac
Hunter-Nin
Hunter-Nin

Virgo Posts : 845
Munny : 32082
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-03-21
Age : 29
Location : LA county

View user profile http://twitter.com/thehund

Back to top Go down

Re: Toonami

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum