Welcome to Anime Pool Party

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RPG Scope

3 posters

Go down

What type of RPG would you like to play?

RPG Scope Vote_lcap13%RPG Scope Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 1 ]
RPG Scope Vote_lcap0%RPG Scope Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
RPG Scope Vote_lcap25%RPG Scope Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 2 ]
RPG Scope Vote_lcap38%RPG Scope Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 3 ]
[ 1 ]
RPG Scope Vote_lcap0%RPG Scope Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 8

RPG Scope Empty RPG Scope

Post by Aesthetic Eve Sun May 08, 2011 8:57 pm

Obviously, things are a little bit slow around here. It's understandable with a fledgling RPG community. I thought this poll might help with our brainstorming, and to kickstart some more talk. So please cast a vote (it IS multiple choice). That way I can get to work on some side projects for the RPG forum.

I'll also give a short break down of what each type is.

Tech: This is Space ships, laser guns, aliens, time travel, alternate dimensions, advanced technology, etc. Think Matrix or Star Wars, and you got an idea.

Fantasy: This is Magic, Elves (or other like fantasy creatures), Melee weapons and armor, D&D, etc. Think Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter, and you got it.

Tech/ Fantasy Mix: Take any or all of the above concepts, and mix them. Then you got yourself a mindset for this type.

Drama / Mystery: Seiji's is a good example of this. Although it could be a ghost story, a murder mystery (like Zodiac or Se7en), or anything else along those lines.

Realistic: This would be a setting in the present day (or a specific time period), that is written as realistically as possible. No crazy powers or abilities. Some ideas might be how people would act during "The Apocalypse", or major natural disaster. It might be about barely scraping by as an orphan. It could be set in a theatre of war, from multiple viewpoints. Whatever the case, if it isn't an easily grasped concept, then the creator would need to do some serious studying before throwing one up.

Other: This could be any idea that isn't on the list. If you choose this, then I'd hope you throw your pennies in a comment for us all to consider!
Aesthetic Eve
Aesthetic Eve
RP Moderator

Scorpio Posts : 121
Munny : 49109

Back to top Go down

RPG Scope Empty Re: RPG Scope

Post by Aesthetic Eve Mon May 16, 2011 8:33 pm

Alright, it looks like we have a few votes. I was hoping for some comments with specifics, but I'll roll with what we got. The poll will stay open as well, and in the mean time I will try to come up with a few RPGs for variety.
Aesthetic Eve
Aesthetic Eve
RP Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by KomachiHime-sama Tue May 17, 2011 11:01 am

okay sounds good. i really couldnt give much feedback myself since im really not a hardcore RPer
KomachiHime-sama
KomachiHime-sama
Admin
Admin

Sagittarius Posts : 1815
Munny : 65727

https://www.facebook.com/tetrarina.d.austin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aesthetic Eve Tue May 17, 2011 5:42 pm

KomachiHime-sama wrote:okay sounds good. i really couldnt give much feedback myself since im really not a hardcore RPer

Understandable. I think everyone that reads into this particular thread may be under a slightly skewed impression. There are probably a plethora of ways that a forum could Role Play. During my more "hardcore" forum RPing, it was better described as combined storytelling. The only catch is that each player was only able to write from their character's perspective, while the creator had an overall plotline (or idea of one, with a "world", and rules). That's why I keep asking Seiji to send me the write-ups. Think of it almost as a movie. Suspension of disbelief is the key factor for entertainment. Each player is excercising his or her imagination, and helping to keep the game going. We all write for fun, because it's fun to read.

Each RPG is different too, in that the individual creator prescribes the guidelines. Much like this forum has rules, and then sub-rules within. So does an RPG section. We adhere to the overall rules of the forum, but then narrow the scope of our writing to suit a particular, fictitious situation. In essence, all we're really doing is creating custom fanfiction. Which in turn, is role playing.

As a side note, I also like to take this almost to an alternate personality level (for humor's sake). You may have noticed this in the intro thread about the "Dark Side" shtuff. All in all, I'm not trying to call anyone here stupid or ignorant. Just trying to give some clarity on what I expect, and if someone would like to make changes to that, for them to voice as much.

Aesthetic Eve
Aesthetic Eve
RP Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheza Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:58 am

I hope this gets a kick start once again. I've been practicing. xD
Cheza
Cheza
Admin