Welcome to Anime Pool Party

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random fact: A Gamma Ray Burst is perhaps the deadliest natural phenomenon

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Random fact: A Gamma Ray Burst is perhaps the deadliest natural phenomenon - Page 2 Empty Random fact: A Gamma Ray Burst is perhaps the deadliest natural phenomenon

Post by Solar Crimson Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:13 pm

First topic message reminder :

When massive stars explode, they can send out a jet of radiation called a Gamma Ray Burst. Containing more energy than what the Sun will produce in its entire lifespan but lasting only mere seconds, this ray travels at light speed and is very destructive. Astronomers have detected many over the years, but all have thankfully been too far away for it to do anything to us.

However, if one were to occur within--say--10 lightyears of Earth, the consequences would be deadly. As I said before, they travel at light speed, so by the time we detect one, it would be too late for us to do anything about it. It would strike the Earth and immediately destroy our ozone layer. The living things on the side of the Earth that got hit by the ray would instantly be killed, while the rest of the world would experience rising temperatures, eventually becoming too high for most complex life to bare.

More info:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamma-ray_burst

Last edited by Solar Crimson on Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Solar Crimson
Solar Crimson
Admin
Admin

Taurus Posts : 378
Munny : 52058

http://crimsongalaxy.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Random fact: A Gamma Ray Burst is perhaps the deadliest natural phenomenon - Page 2 Empty Re: Random fact: A Gamma Ray Burst is perhaps the deadliest natural phenomenon

Post by Solar Crimson Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:28 pm

I would watch more stuff online, but my laptop is kinda behind-the-times.
Solar Crimson
Solar Crimson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Random fact: A Gamma Ray Burst is perhaps the deadliest natural phenomenon - Page 2 Empty Re: Random fact: A Gamma Ray Burst is perhaps the deadliest natural phenomenon

Post by 7/7/7 Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:31 pm

dontcha' have windows 7?...or does behind-the-times mean sumthin else....i have vista...
7/7/7
7/7/7
Jounin
Jounin

Munny : 52962

Back to top Go down

Post by Solar Crimson Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:37 pm

delete wrote:dontcha' have windows 7?...or does behind-the-times mean sumthin else....i have vista...
My laptop was bought in late 2006. It only has 64.3Gb of HDD storage and 509MB of RAM. Plus, it's falling apart.

It's also running WinXP.
Solar Crimson
Solar Crimson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 7/7/7 Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:41 pm

oh ok...is it running slower?...i notice my cuzn comp has slowed down but i didn't think it was cause it was xp....do u or can u remove storage points 2 get more gb back or did it only have like 64gb when u 1st got it?...hey atleast u got net in ur room right?
7/7/7
7/7/7
Jounin
Jounin

Munny : 52962

Back to top Go down

Post by Solar Crimson Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:17 pm

Yeah, it's a bit slower, but not snail's pace. I have removed quite a few files and programs that I never use, and that did free up a little space.

However, I'm just going to look into getting a new laptop or building a custom desktop and installing Win7 on that. Whenever that will be.
Solar Crimson
Solar Crimson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2